Bennett & Eliza are one! We celebrated their first birthday the weekend before Christmas. Our house was filled to max capacity with so many loved ones which made their Circus themed day extra special. The weather took a turn for the cold and windy, you really never know what you are going to get on a December day in Louisiana, but the babies knew no different and really had a fun time playing with friends and being passed around with lots of hugs and kisses.
This has been the fastest year. Parts felt really slow too. I still can’t believe they are ours. I packed away all the bottles, sanitizer, and bottle warmer recently and it was a little bittersweet. That sanitizer and I had a close relationship this past year! But really, that part is all over. I’m not going to lie I wanted it to be and we both were counting down the days for whole milk-instant pay raise! We also packed up and organized all of their clothes that they have grown out of but there is a small little gift bag holding preemie clothes inside that I couldn’t look at, or put away. So we are excitedly embracing all of the one year old fun coming our way, but also a little sad to say goodbye to babies.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all fell on the last three months of their baby lives. They dressed up as a Dalmatian and a Firefighter for Halloween and were taken to two pumpkin patches, one where they got to pet a kangaroo! Boo at the Zoo with their PAIL buddies, Trick or Treat on sorority row, and we took them down our street to a few houses on Halloween night! They spent the night at LeLe’s for the first time away from us at 11 months, and did great! Early December we took them on their first road trip to see their Say Say for her birthday, and they were car riding troopers! They sat on Santa’s lap this year, and I was very disappointed there were zero tears from either one. For some reason the crying pictures are my favorite… strange sense of humor, I know. Also in the middle of all of that, we did plays dates with our buddy Cole, went to several birthday parties, and did a Pancake and PJs Christmas party with our PAIL buddies. Will worked Thanksgiving and Christmas so we hopped from family-to-family-to-family around his schedule. The four of us celebrated our Christmas/Santa on December 26th. When your Dad works holidays, Santa knows right? We started some traditions that both of us remembered doing as kids- read The Night Before Christmas, wore Christmas pajamas to sleep and wore them all the next day, Will always had a toothbrush in his stocking so you better believe Santa delivered on that too! I think we’ll add leaving cookies out for Santa next year, skipped it this time around. December 26th was a day that we have wanted for so long. That did not slip past us.
Bennett– Happy First Birthday to our best boy! Our Baby B. The clown of the house. Everyone’s best lil buddy. Easy laugher, easy crier, easy to entertain. First to sleep and first to wake up. New found friend of Elmo. Beeliner to the dog water bowl. Lover of attention- especially from the ladies- growler, shaker of all things. Biggest, sweetest smile. The LOUDEST boy around. One solid chunk of intense fun.
Eliza– Happy First Birthday to our best girl! Our Baby A. The ruler of our house. Will’s very favorite person and my lil shadow sidekick. The perfector of the pout, side eye, and soft smile. The swiper of all things especially from brother. The best cell phone and remote finder, no matter the hiding place. Into everything, noticer of all things, cutest laugh, steadiest, sweetest girl around.
*photography by Claire Town
12 Month Favorites- B&E got such fun toys for their first birthday and Christmas! We put items on their wish list that they would be able to grow into throughout the year.
- Circus Tent– We snagged this tent for them for their birthday present from us! It was a fun addition to their Circus party for babies to play in. This is probably the best $20 we have spent in a long time! They LOVE playing with their tent. Lots and lots of giggles.
- Slide– Jenni, one of Santa’s elves (our twin friends, The Gibbons) dropped this by for Santa. Santa does hand-me-downs, friends. This is currently camped out in our living room!
- House Play Set– See above note. Bennett hangs out in this all day long.
- Bouncer – How much fun is this? I see years of play and wearing out these babies!
- Cozy Coupe– Eliza has something pink in her life! We have the floorboards in both of their cars because their feet don’t touch the ground just yet. They are loving being pushed around the driveway and down the street!
- Dear Zoo– We are really into reading books these days! Part of our bedtime routine is reading a few stories and they received so many great books! This is one of their very favorites and in heavy rotation.
- Maracas and Baby Doll
- Noah’s Ark
- Bath Toys and this
- Swings– B&E can not get enough of these swings! Seriously. Be prepared to swing them for a long time or they will throw a FIT when you take them out.